Monday, December 26, 2005


A grass fire which stared at a construction site on the top of Musket Rim blew up into serious wind-whipped flames, Monday afternoon, which were then put out by the arriving Hudson Bend Fire Department. An occupied home was threatened, but not affected in the end. Nobody hurt, no damage of consequence.

But a warning! Especially as the fireworks stands tempt, it's VERY VERY dry. I don't know if the burn ban is still in effect - I would think so, but even so, you have to be EXTREMELY careful.

After checking, yes, the burn ban is still in effect.

54 grass fires in Austin last week.

No comments: