You might think this is an April Fools jokle late, but apparently it isn't: The following from Pam Chandler:
After years of fears entering and exiting the east entrance we were informed by Don Nylund, chief project engineer with TXDOT that the following improvements to hwy 71 will start late this summer.
1. Franchise utilities will be relocated immediately to make way for roadway improvements.
2. Existing bridge will be widened to accommodate a center turn lane.
3. Hwy 71 vertical grades will be lowered to improve site distances in and out of Spanish Oaks.
4. A center turn lane will be added from Uplands Ridge Dr to Arroyo Canyon Dr.
5. A stop light will be added to the east entrance. "Yes its happening per Don"!!!
6. Minor improvements to the east entrance may be needed as construction commence.
This is great news and a result of many years of lobbying and hard work by all parties.
Please feel free to spread the badly needed good news!