Friday, September 15, 2006

WHITE ROCK

I should drag out my design booklet and read up, because I am certainly laboring under a misconception. I believed that the new goal was to be at one with nature (sarcasm mine) and with earthtones and landscaping to reflect such a vibe.

I noted a home under construction with white rock surrounding the front of it (mostly in view from the house itself; little from the street) and believed it to be out of guideline spec, but I find I was wrong. I am told: "The guidelines do not totally prohibit white stone. It is prohibited as "the predominant material" only. ...The DRC will be especially conscious of this when reviewing the landscape plan."

Wouldn't you love to see what they actually have rejected?

So we have basically three design plans affecting our little slice of heaven as I see it: Daniel Porter 1, Daniel Porter 2, Discovery 1.

But why the DRC would allow a home IN EARTHTONES to be bordered? by white rock is beyond my ability to understand design. Does that seem consistent to you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The guidelines also state that perimeter fencing should remain inconspicuous, or hidden behind the natural vegitation but that is not being monitored.

Bob Wood said...

If we can work through whatever concerns there are, and publish the HOA website, to include private areas where the design guidelines are for all (owners) to see, maybe we can get some sense of unanimity on what should or shouldn't be.

One major problem is, as I wrote, that I believe there are three sets of 'rules' and depending on when a property was purchased (or home built, not sure which is in play) set a, b, or c apply.