Tuesday, September 12, 2006

SPEED BUMPS?

East entrance... or should I write - EXIT - speed bumps have been removed! Reflexively I hit the brakes anyway.

Time for a pool - which truck will hit the gate first!? It isn't necessarily a matter of raw speed - if there's gravel or sand or debris, you can skid if you brake too hard.

Old settlers will remember the first try of warnings - glue on dealies - which didn't stick very well.

You have to wonder what's next - if anything? In today's regulated world it really is nice to see a 'restriction' go away.

..... more thoughts.....


As I headed down the chute today several trucks which preceded me had opened the gate, but it might close - so I gun it and catch it just as it begins to close.

But hey, any cross traffic had better watch it: cross behind the guard house and you risk getting T-Boned!

No comments: