Tuesday, August 18, 2009

TRAPPING VARMINTS


After two Armadillos and one Racoon, we'd hope for no more shrub-digging-lawn-ripping. But it isn't to be. I reset the trap and put it in the usual place.

This morning Terri came back from walking the dog with a smile and a "Guess what the Catch Du Jour is?"

Feral or not, my intention is not to catch cats. I am allergic to cats and would be happy to see them all only at a distance.

Kitty was plenty ticked. Can't say I blame it. Released now (like a shot out of a cannon - swear I heard "Thufferin' Thuccotash!" as it ran) with no scratches of vengeance for Trapper Bob.

Here's this cat, apparently successfully avoiding all sorts of predators, only to sniff a can of CATFOOD in that cage thing... (Well, heck, somebody told me to bait the trap with that. It worked before!)

No harm no foul.

It does suggest that one shouldn't set traps and then not pay attention - or go on vacation, because you can't always get what you want, etc.

I am greatly relieved I didn't have to worry about a large snake which might have crawled into the trap.

No comments: